ADL Visits Youth Congress

ADL Visits Youth Congress

Davis Goode, Editor-In-Chief

On April 17, Hingham High School’s chapter of the Anti-Defamation League will attend the 21st Annual Youth Congress at Boston’s Sheraton Hotel. Twenty HHS students will join over 1,100 high school and middle school volunteers from across New England in practicing skills in anti-bias and anti-bullying. The keynote speaker at this year’s Youth Congress will be Kathrine Switzer, who was the first woman to run the Boston Marathon in 1967. HHS has been represented several times over the past few years and was asked again this year to lead facilitations for the participants at Youth Congress. Please join us in congratulating HHS seniors Will Vasquez, Sarah McGurrin, Haley Brown, Isabelle Kelly, Heather Hussey, and Davis Goode for achieving this prestigious honor. Hingham High School’s peer facilitation program, called ADL by the students, has grown tremendously in recent years and has made great strides in spreading messages of respect, tolerance, and openmindedness. This year’s Youth Congress will be another accolade for a program that ADL considers one of the best in New England. Hingham High School’s peer facilitation program is advised by Mr. Struzziero and Mr. Doherty.

For over 100 years, ADL has worked to eliminate anti-semitism and all forms of bigotry and intolerance across the globe. ADL’s A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE Institute was formed to combat bigotry in the workplace, schools, and colleges across America. Lessons and curricula developed by ADL’s A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE Institute are the cornerstone of Hingham High School’s Peer Facilitator Program, a program aimed at promoting a safe school that celebrates cultural differences in the school, local, and global communities.