Ms. Hebert, November’s Teacher of the Month

Ms. Hebert with XC captains, Kristine McLellan and Charlotte Ide

Claire Stone

Claire Stone, Contributing Writer

When asked about Ms. Hebert, all her current student, Owen Murray, had to say was, “She is  the greatest human being ever.” Clearly Ms. Hebert has greatly impacted her students over the last few months. Owen says that although math may be challenging this year, Ms. Hebert  makes it easier with her teaching style and stamina.

Ms. Hebert has been teaching at Hingham High since 2010, starting as a long term substitute  and working with the now math department head, Mr. Jewett. She says that she leaned a lot  about what it means to be a great teacher that year. In 2011 she became a full time teacher  here at Hingham High.

Although from a young age Ms. Hebert knew she would enjoy teaching, she wanted to try  something completely different after she graduated from Boston College, so she worked at a major accounting firm as a systems auditor, but after two and a half years she quit and started  teaching. Ms. Hebert says that “the rest is history” and that having that job made her greatly  appreciate her job at Hingham High, saying, “It’s a fantastic job.”

Ms. Hebert is not only an amazing math teacher, but she is also the head coach of Hingham’s  cross country team as of last year. She started as the assistant coach to Mrs. Kates in 2012  and was hooked after one year. She said that running is an outlet for her and she can’t go a few  days without it. Ms. Hebert amazingly ran her first marathon during her freshman year at BC,  has done two more since, and hopes to do more. Ms. Hebert says “I love HHS and now I can’t picture myself anywhere else.” We at HHS love her too and hope she stays for years to come!