Hingham v. Plymouth North Basketball Game

Players+walk+onto+the+court.+

Chris Bierwirth

Players walk onto the court.

Chris Bierwirth, Contributing Writer

Hingham High’s boys basketball team recently celebrated a victory over Plymouth North. The boys won 66 to 61, in a close game that kept fans interested throughout. There were few lead changes, with Hingham remaining at least narrowly ahead for the majority of the game. Logan Larsen, a junior, scored 20 critical points for Hingham. His height and rebounding were huge for the team’s success. Both Hingham captains, seniors Andrew Staley and Andrew Spaziani, were also key contributors for the team. Staley clocked in with a total of 19 points, while Spaziani shined on the opposite side of the ball, playing a near ­lock­down defense against some of Plymouth North’s best players. Simon Brady claimed 10 of Hingham’s 66 points, with two three pointers as well. From the bench, Connor Lauther, a junior, and Reggie Foster, a sophomore, shone. Connor knocked down a three pointer with less than a second left in the first half, sending his team into the locker room with a lot of energy.

Hingham carried this energy into the second half and weathered what looked to be a second half comeback attempt by Plymouth North. Hingham maintained their composure and secured a lead in the final quarter. Andrew Staley had some crucial ­plays for Hingham, which helped his team build momentum in the last few minutes. It was an exciting game for the fans and the players, who performed well under a lot of pressure. The crowd’s energy fluctuated, but the student section ended with a rousing chant of “I believe that we will win,” after the boys had cemented their victory. Notable performances for Plymouth North were from Cahoon, Christopher, and Ward.