May 1st Spring Boutique

Halle Sullivan

Seniors Wes Talerico and Addy Stupin sell art.

Halle Sullivan, Contributing Writer

On Sunday, May 1, nearly 50 vendors from all over the South Shore set up shop in Hingham High School to sell their products. Early that morning store owners and hobbyists came in drones to set up their stands in the cafe and throughout the hallways. By 9 am the majority of people were all set up and ready to sell.

There was a wide variety of things for sale, each just as unique as the next. It was a gold mine for Mother’s day and graduation gifts, including gorgeous wooden creations, nautical decorations, handmade trinkets, and enough Hingham gear for the whole town.

Also abundant was beautiful jewelry. A vendor new to the Spring Boutique, Allison Cole, set up a very impressive display of nautical rope and bungee bracelets. She said that she, “really enjoyed being part of the spring boutique. There was a wonderful variety of high quality vendors… I will definitely be back next year.”

Among the vendors many sports team and clubs set up tables as well. For example, the Best Buddies Club had a table near the cafe selling succulents, raffles, and t shirts. Mr. Doherty’s Portfolio class had quite a spread, as well. Several of the students drew black and white pictures of everything from zodiac signs to hiking tips and trails.

The event in its entirety supported the PMC kids ride for The Dana Farber Cancer Institute. These funds were raised through the $2 fee that all shoppers paid when they entered the high school.

The only downside to the event was the slight lack of shoppers. Compared to the ever-­busy holiday fair, the attendance of the Spring Boutique seemed sparse, especially toward the end of the day. Andrew Adams, class president of the class of 2018 remarked that, “the turnout was not as high as we had hoped for but nonetheless the event was a success and everyone had fun.”

It was a very fun event and a great way to support the school and the PMC kids ride. Hopefully next year even more people will come to support the local shops and HHS groups.