A Spectacular Spirit Week

Juniors Abby Fennelly, Liv Davies, and Leah Humphrey rock intense U.S.A. outfits  that show off their school spirit.

Juniors Abby Fennelly, Liv Davies, and Leah Humphrey rock intense U.S.A. outfits that show off their school spirit.

Liv Casey

Liv Casey

Liv Casey, Business Manager

On Saturday October 21, Hingham High celebrated its annual homecoming day. The Harbormen and women started out strong with the girl’s volleyball win against Quincy the day before, which got the whole student body excited to show their school spirit for the home games.

Field Hockey kicked off the string of homecoming games bright and early by snagging a 4-3 win against Whitman Hanson. Girls’ soccer immediately followed their game with an outstanding 7-2 win against Duxbury, although the boys’ soccer team did not fare as well with a 4-0 loss also against Duxbury. However, Hingham High rallied behind their fellow classmates and showed an incredible amount of spirit in the stands and at the booths.

Sophia Franklin, a junior, claims that “The entire student sections was really supportive of all the teams, and I really think it shows how much we’ve grown as a community.”

That community was abundantly clear during the final game. Hundreds of people showed up to cheer on the Hingham Harbormen in their fight against Duxbury in football. Although it seemed like Hingham was winning for a while, Duxbury managed to catch up and overtake the Harbormen in a 14-13 win. Despite the loss the Hingham High students never lost their spirit.

Junior Rory Ahern comments, “I think the Homecoming Games are a really important part of our school because they unite people from all grades to come together and cheer for our teams and show them our support, plus whether you like sports or not they always make you proud to attend Hingham High.”

Based on Saturday’s outcome, it is pretty clear that Hingham High is not lacking in spirit.

Juniors Kayla Collins and Kara May (from left to right) pose for a cuddly pajama day pic.