Hingham’s Crushing Win over Abington in Season Opener

Mary Kelly Prosky Gilbert

Hingham’s offense line up to attempt another first down.

Mary Kelly Prosky Gilbert, Photography Editor

The new school year is in full swing as Friday, September 13th marked Hingham’s Annual football season opener! The dance team cheered and the student section roared as our boys in red ran out onto the field to face Abington. “Friday could not have been a more perfect way to start off the season,” Junior and Varsity Dance Team member reflected, “You could definitely feel Hingham’s spirit in the bleachers and on the field.” 

Dodd was spot on as Hingham clenched the victory 18-0 with impressive showings from Senior Caption and Quarter Back, Owen Obrien, Running Back Christian Jullian, Running Back Zach Kelleher, and Kicker Matt Lahiff along with a strong defensive line.

This night was even more memorable as it was dedicated to Veterans and First Responders. First, The entire stadium stood for a moment of silence to honor the victims and first responders of the 9/11 attack that took place 18 years ago. Additionally, The late Hingham Marine Christopher Orlando was honored for his service to our country. His Mother, Father, and Grandfather shook hands with the football captains, illustrating Hingham’s gratitude for the individuals who put their lives on the line to secure our safety. 

Make sure you catch Hingham’s next game on September 20th against Hopkington Highschool. Go Harbormen!