Senior Spotlight: Alexa Varholak

Maryellen Jones

Senior Alexa Varholak will attend Boston College in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts next fall.

Mimi Jiang-Yu, Photo Editor

Next up is senior Alexa Varholak. In addition to being the captain of the girls soccer team, Alexa is an active member of Student Council and the president of the Global Citizenship Program. She is also a member of the girls lacrosse team. Alexa will be attending Boston College in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts next fall!

Q: What school are you attending?

AV: Boston College

Q: What decision plan did you apply for?

AV: Early Decision I

Q:  What are you planning on studying? (major/minor/etc.)

AV: Finance

Q: What were you looking for in a school going into the admissions process?

AV: I was looking for a school that had a strong program for my major. I also wanted a school of small to medium size that is somewhat close to a city. 

Q: Why did you choose Boston College?

AV: It fits all of my requirements! It has a really great business school, which is probably the main reason why I chose it. It fosters a competitive work environment that I know will prepare me for the real world. Its close proximity to the city was also a main factor in my decision. BC is directly connected to the city by train, but it still has the “campus feel” that I have always wanted in a school. Ultimately, the sense of community at BC is what I love the most about it. 

Q: How would you describe the college admissions process?

AV: It is really stressful, so I would recommend planning ahead and getting work done efficiently. It is also really rewarding. When you get accepted into a school that you like, you feel amazing. 

Q: If you could go back in time to September 2021, what advice would you give to your past self?

AV: I would tell myself that no matter what happens, you will end up where you need to be. 

Q: What are you looking forward to the most at Boston College?

AV: I look forward to meeting new people and going to football games!

Q: A message to a favorite teacher

AV: Señor Griffin and Mrs. Bruno – thank you both for always being so supportive. I am so thankful for your guidance. My high school experience would not be the same without you!

Congratulations, Alexa! Best of luck at Boston College and in all your future endeavors!