Pecan Snowball Cookies: A Delicious Holiday Dessert for Everyone

These Pecan Snowball Cookies make a beautiful winter scene come to life in your kitchen. (Pic Cred: American heritage cooking)

Liv Casey, Business Manager

Around the holiday season there tends to be a strict adherence to tradition. The same music is played, the same decorations are hung , and the same desserts are served. This, however, can become boring very quickly. Try switching it up this holiday season with these delicious Pecan Snowball Cookies.

It’s always difficult to please everyone with a dessert during the holidays, and many people can be quite particular and critical. Sophomore Conrad Davis proves to be one of those critics as he claims, “You don’t know what you’re doing if you put more than half an inch of frosting on a sugar cookie.”

Senior Caroline Leduc also shares her specific cookie tastes, “I love those cookies with the frosting- you know the ones from Stop & Shop.” However, these Pecan Snowball Cookies are perfect for pleasing all types of people because of their simplicity yet unique flavor.

This recipe is a timeless winter treat and always proves to be a crowd favorite. Make                                   sure to try it out this winter!

Pecan Snowball Cookies

This recipe makes about 3 Dozen cookies.

Before you begin, you’ll need the following ingredients:

• 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • ½ cup sifted confectioners sugar
  • 2 ¼ cups sifted all-purpose flour
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon orange juice
  • ¾ cup finely chopped pecans
  • extra confectioners sugar for the rolling pin

Once you’ve gathered all of your ingredients, you’ll need to follow these steps:

1. Cream the butter and honey together in a bowl until they become one fluffy mixture.
  2. Slowly begin to stir the confectioners sugar, flour, salt, bourbon or orange juice, and pecans into the mixture.
  3. Wrap the mixture tightly in aluminum foil and refrigerate it for several hours (or until it hardens).
  4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and prepare some baking sheets by buttering them.
  5. Roll the dough with your hands into 1 teaspoon-sized balls.
  6. Put the balls of dough on the baking sheet and bake for 12-13 minutes.
  7. Let the cookies cool on a rack and then roll them in confectioners sugar (extra sifted sugar on top is a bonus).
  8. Enjoy your delicious holiday treat!