The Harborwomen Defeat Falmouth in an Exhilarating Quarter Finals Game

The+Graduating+Seniors%2C+Grace+Bennis%2C+Corinne+Hanney%2C+Ryley+Blasetti%2C+Jess+Johnson%2C+and+Haley+Platt%2C+pose+for+a+picture+after+their+exciting+game.+

Mary Kelly Prosky Gilbert

The Graduating Seniors, Grace Bennis, Corinne Hanney, Ryley Blasetti, Jess Johnson, and Haley Platt, pose for a picture after their exciting game.

Mary Kelly Prosky Gilbert, Photography Editor

The Hingham High School gym was packed with screaming fans last Friday as the Hingham Women’s Basketball Team, seeded #4, faced Falmouth, seeded #5, in the Quarter Finals game. Although the team struggled to gain a lead in the beginning, Seniors Ryley Blasetti and Grace Bennis dominated the third quarter, catapulting the team to a 61-42 victory.

This victory was even sweeter than usual for the players, as their rivalry with the opposing team was deep-rooted. Sophomore player Abbey Foley explains, “we all went into this game wanting revenge because they [Falmouth] knocked us out of the tournament two years ago. I am proud of how we played and fought to the end!”

When the final buzzer went off, the girls sprinted to center court, lifting their exhausted but well-worked starters in the air. The Harborwomen advance to face Norwood High Sschool in the Semi-Finals game on Tuesday, guaranteeing a thrilling game. Go Harborwomen!