The Harborwomen’s Impressive Win Against The Rams

Mary Kelly Prosky Gilbert

Senior captain Carly Kennedy sports her red Hingham mask as she sets up to serve the ball.

Mary Kelly Prosky Gilbert, Photography Editor

The Hingham High School Varsity Volleyball team dominated last Wednesday with a 3-0 win against Marshfield, embodying the team’s determination to deliver nothing less than their best even in these trying times. While the Hingham Community continues to adapt to the ever-changing life surrounding The Corona Virus Pandemic, The Harborwomen continue to practice and play, adhering to the COVID-19 guidelines.

When asked about the game and team, Senior captain Haley Mcconnell explains, ” Yesterday’s game was definitely high energy, and we fought for every point, especially at the end of set one. We’re all extremely close, and our amazing team dynamic on the court stems from our sisterhood off the court.”

In the age of COVID-19, the team has to adjust to new game guidelines, including the “COVID line.” this is a line 3 feet off that net that the players cannot cross when setting or hitting. Also, players must wear masks at all times, and the volleyballs are sanitized between every point.

“It’s a learning process for everyone,” Mcconnell explains, “but I still strive to make everyone else feel comfortable and confident both on and off the court. The team is always in my best interest, and I couldn’t ask for a better, more dedicated group of girls to lead.”

The Harborwomen will be holding their annual Senior Night next Wednesday, October 28th, at 5:15 pm versus Duxbury High School. Come cheer on these amazing athletes!