“Curtains” at HHS

Hingham High School Drama Club presented its fall musical, “Curtains”! “Curtains” on November 20th, November 21st, and November 22nd.

Set in Boston in 1959, “Curtains” follows the musical theatre-loving Lieutenant Frank Cioffi as he investigates the mysterious murder of the incredibly untalented Jessica Cranshaw. Cranshaw falls dead on opening night of the musical “Robbin’ Hood,” and is discovered to have been poisoned. With the help of the members of the cast, producers, and writing team, Cioffi attempts to solve the murder as well as turn “Robbin’ Hood” around from a disaster to a Broadway-bound hit! Filled with humor, endearing romances, and catchy music that will be stuck in your head for the rest of the night, “Curtains” was a delight to watch from start to finish!

The HHS Drama Club seniors.
Sarah Calnan
The HHS Drama Club seniors.
Jenna Napolitano, Kenzie Hunt, Molly Rabinovits, and Jess Shawles.
Sarah Calnan
Jess Shawles and Molly Rabinovits in flapper costumes.
Sarah Calnan
Gabby, Stephanie Pett, and Courtney Hornstra after the show.
Sarah Calnan

Hingham High School Drama Club presents its fall musical, “Curtains”! “Curtains” is a musical with a book by Rupert Holmes, lyrics by Fred Ebb, and music by John Kander.

Set in Boston in 1959, “Curtains” follows the musical theatre-loving Lieutenant Frank Cioffi as he investigates the mysterious murder of the incredibly untalented Jessica Cranshaw. Cranshaw falls dead on opening night of the musical “Robbin’ Hood”, and is discovered to have been poisoned. With the help of the members of the cast, producers, and writing team, Cioffi attempts to solve the murder as well as turn “Robbin’ Hood” around from a disaster to a Broadway-bound hit! Filled with humor, endearing romances, and catchy music that will be stuck in your head for the rest of the night, “Curtains” will be a delight to watch from start to finish!

There will be performances in the Hingham High School auditorium on Thursday, November 20th at 7:30 p.m., Friday, November 21st at 8:00 p.m., and Saturday November 22nd at 8:00 p.m. Tickets on Thursday will be $10 for adults and $7 for students and senior citizens. On Friday and Saturday tickets will be $12 for adults and $9 for students and senior citizens.