90 Days of Summer

Brooke Coughlan

A beuatiful summer sunset in Lakeville, MA reminds us of the peace of summer.

Brooke Coughlan, Contributing Writer

With the first week of June nearing and the temperature cranking up into the high 70s, the desire for summer clear for all students and faculty at Hingham High School.

According to The Weather Channel, the record for highest temperature in Boston was in 1911 at a boiling 104 degrees Fahrenheit. The month of May averages a comfortable temperature around 66 degrees Fahrenheit, while the month of June is 76, July in the high 80s, and August in the low 80s.

Soon enough, students here at Hingham High will cram material they learned throughout the course of the school year for the dreaded “finals week.”  The thought of cool summer nights keeps those students level headed. When evaluating what people believed to be their ideal temperature, many said around 80 to 85 degrees.

Sophomores, Andrew Adams said Maureen McGonagle shared their favorite summer activity would be “going to the beach and enjoying boiling sun and blue skies.”

Jenny Walrod, also a sophomore, said that her favorite activity would be, “walking downtown with my friends and getting Nona’s ice cream.”

Andrew, Maureen and Jenny predicted their “summer song of 2016,” could be “One Dance” by Drake, “Castaway” by Zac Brown Band or “Bound” by Kanye West.

With only a few weeks left until final exams and the end of the school year, clearly everyone here at Hingham High School is ready to embark on the journey that is Summer 2016, with clear skies and sunshine!