Hingham High Crew goes to the 50th Head of the Charles

The viewing stand for the races at the end of the course.

Kristin Saleski, Photography Editor

Last weekend, thousands of rowers and spectators flocked to the banks of the Charles River for the Head of the Charles Regatta. Collegiate, professional, and high school teams from across the nation and the world participated in the 50th anniversary of this famous regatta. Hingham High School’s crew team, has participated in this event for a while now. Normally the boy’s and girl’s team each send their first Varsity boat, but this year the girl’s also were able to send their second varsity boat. It was a great display of Hingham’s strong rowing program which has greatly improved since its beginning. The boys boat came in 30th. Girl’s Varsity 1 came in 18th and the girl’s Varsity 2 came in  64th.

Kristin Saleski
Hingham Girls Varsity 1 boat. Coxswain Amanda Durkin, Sydney Blasetti, Nicole Merian, Sadie McGirr, Julia Hoffman, Olivia Kelly, Maggie Finney, Zuzu Oomen-Lochtefeld, and Maddie Townsend.
Kristin Saleski
The stern of the Hingham Girls Varsity 1 boat.
Kristin Saleski
The bow of the Hingham Girls Varsity 1 boat.
Kristin Saleski
V1 and their competition.
Kristin Saleski
V1 and their competition.
Hingham Girls Varsity 2 boat. Coxswain Claire Holland, Grace Hickey, Grace Ward, Hannah Bosnian, Hannah Walsh, Kaitlin Welch, Gillian Mehigan, Louisa McCullough, and Lauren Kourafas in bow seat.
Kristin Saleski
The stern of Hingham's Girls Varsity 2 boat.
Kristin Saleski
The stern of Hingham’s Girls Varsity 2 boat.
The bow of Hingham's Girls Varsity 2 boat.
Kristin Saleski
The bow of Hingham’s Girls Varsity 2 boat.
V2 and their competition.
Kristin Saleski
V2 and their competition.