The Harbormen Win The First Patriot League Cup Against The Rams

Seniors Andrew Teague and Trent Hesselman embrace in a hug after winning the game, having shared the field together the past 4 years.

Mary Kelly Prosky Gilbert, Photography Editor

After the Harborwomen’s exciting win against Pembroke last Saturday, It was the boy’s turn to represent Hingham against the Marshfield rams.

The Harbormen started the game off strong as senior Paul Forbes scored the team’s first goal in the first 8 minutes of the quarter.  Shortly after, sophomore Aidan Brazel chest pumped the ball into an empty net, giving the boys their second and final goal. At the end of the game, the Harbormen ran to the field to celebrate this rewarding victory.

“Winning the patriot cup with this group of boys was unreal,” Senior Captain Trent Hesselman reflected. “Representing Hingham soccer during this time is an electric feeling since the program has not earned a title in many years.  I am thrilled by our team’s success and how well we all worked together even during these tough times, but our team persevered and gave it our all. Everyone on this team deserved to win.  I have never been so proud of a particular group of boys in my entire life.”

The Harbormen gave the limited but electric crowd an exhilarating game, ending the season strong for the dedicated players.