HHS Winter Spirit Week is a Great Success

Susie Anderson

Sophomores Chase Boles, Lily Samoska, Ava Varholak were dressed and ready to take on pajama day.

Susie Anderson, Contributing Writer

Hingham High School was a source of the holly jolly spirit during the four-day week leading up to Christmas Eve. The dress-up schedule from the student council stirred excitement for the holiday season, inviting all grades to engage in the fun. 

Monday’s “Snow Day” invited ski-wear and puffer coats throughout the school. Many students sported ski goggles, flannels, or hats. Starting with a bang, the rest of the week proved even more rewarding with the unique and entertaining fashion to come.

Tuesday, dubbed “Holiday PJ Day” was an immediate success with cozy slippers, pajama pants, and sweatshirts. The comfort of rolling out of bed and heading to school was savored by tired juniors and seniors in particular. Such ease in festive outfits allowed students to relax in what has been a whirlwind of a year. On Tuesday, junior Morgan Beighley told the Harborlight, “spirit week has truly helped me get in the Christmas spirit. Especially during such a crazy time of year, it’s been nice.”

“Holiday Character Day” provided a platform for real creativity throughout the school. Seniors Ava Malloy, Macey Roberts, and Willa Davis were feeling particularly inspired with their movie-themed outfits; donning costumes from The Grinch to Home Alone. The guessing games of who’s-who and laughter at extravagant outfits brought the holiday spirit right to Hingham High.

On the long-awaited last day before break, spirit week wrapped with “Ugly Sweater Day,” a familiar favorite as people pulled their best looks from the attic or closet to embrace the holiday season. Junior Sydney Driscoll loved “dressing up. One of my better days of spirit week. I was prepared and ready for the fashion show of sweaters.”

Holiday spirit week culminated with the student council assembly, sending everyone off into Christmas and the New Year with a renewed gratitude for the efforts of all students and staff at Hingham for making the 2021-22 school year great so far. Spirit Week proved once again to bring the Hingham High School community together just in time for the season of the merry and bright.