Hingham Alumna Ms. Baggott Enters Her Third Year On Staff

Keely Jordan

Ms. Baggott looks forward to her second year on staff at HHS.

Keely Jordan, Managing Editor

Hingham High School welcomes back Ms. Baggott for her second year on staff as a history teacher. She has been teaching for two years, but was a para-educator at HHS for one year. She teaches 10th grade World History and 11th grade U.S. History. This is her first teaching position, and she is very excited for the upcoming school year. 

Ms. Baggott grew up in Hingham, and played field hockey, basketball, and was also on the crew team during high school. She was a member of the Student Council, the Math Team, and Amnesty International. 

The Hingham High alumna attended the University of Deleware and completed a dual major in history and political science, and an art history minor. While in college, she considered applying to law school, but ultimately decided that teaching was her passion. 

Ms. Baggott loved her high school experience, so working at Hingham High was her natural first choice. Hingham allowed her to observe classes while she was considering law school, which influenced her decision to pursue teaching. She reflects, “I believed it was a great community, so when I was allowed to return I was excited to be a part of that community again.”

Ms. Baggott loves teaching for numerous reasons, one of them being that she enjoys not working in an office space. She appreciates the flexibility she has in her job every day, as she determines how she wishes to teaches every lessons, and develops creative ways to do so. She is often has to find a balance between how challenging and fun activities are for students, which is one of her favorite parts of designing activities and lesson plans.  

Although she loves teaching history, she would also enjoy teaching math. Her hobbies include playing field hockey and participating in a book club. She has traveled to over 20 countries, and a fun fact about her is that she was born during a Super Bowl. 

Inga Andruszkiewicz a Sophmore in her World History class described Ms. Baggott as “a very active teacher who tries to get us to participate.” Hingham High School looks forward to having Ms. Baggott as a member of its teaching staff for another year!