Capping Off the 100th NFL Season- Super Bowl Preview and Predictions

27+states+are+rooting+for+the+Kansas+City+Chiefs%2C+while+23+states+are+rooting+for+the+San+Francisco+49ers.+

BetOnline.ag

27 states are rooting for the Kansas City Chiefs, while 23 states are rooting for the San Francisco 49ers.

Cam Cyr, Contributing Writer

Superbowl LIII displayed plenty of defense by both the New England Patriots and the Los Angeles Rams, resulting in the Patriots 6th Superbowl win in a score of 13-3. Unlike last year, Superbowl LIV should feature a high scoring game, as the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers are young and high powered.

This year’s Superbowl will be held in Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Florida, on Sunday February 2nd, at 6:30 E.T.. Miami has hosted the Superbowl 11 times, and this year the game will be televised on FOX, with Joe Buck and Troy Aikman announcing. 

The Kansas City Chiefs finished their regular season 12-4, and 2nd place in the American Football Conference. They pulverised both the Texans and the Titans in the playoffs despite being down by 10+ points early to make it to the Super Bowl, led by quarterback Patrick Mahomes, wide receiver Tyreek Hill, and tight end Travis Kelce. Also, the defensive line duo Frank Clark and Chris Jones have risen to the challenge to stop  quarterback Deshaun Watson of the Houston Texans, and running back Derrick Henry of the Tennessee Titans. Hingham High School sophomore Jake Monti believes the Chiefs will win by a score 37-33, and he believes “Patrick Mahomes will win SB MVP because of his deep ball connection with Tyreek Hill.” 

The San Francisco 49ers finished their astonishing regular season at 13-3, and 1st place in the National Football Conference. They destroyed the Vikings and Packers in the playoffs to have a chance at their 6th Superbowl ring. Hingham High School sophomore Leo Burm strongly believes the 49ers will win the Super Bowl 38-33, “because of their strong defense and their running game.” He also vocalized that he would not be surprised “if their defense gets more than 1 turnover.” Led by their strong running back Raheem Mostert and their astonishing defense led by defensive end Nick Bosa and cornerback Richard Sherman, the 49ers have been almost unstoppable this year. 

On January 27th, Super Bowl Opening Night was held in Marlins Park, where players and coaches talked about the experiences so far and the excitement ahead. Later this week, there are plenty of pregame festivities including Shaquille O’Neal’s fun house party with carnival games and food, Robert Gronkowski’s Super Bowl beach party on Miami Beach, and the Celebrity South Beach Bowl where all proceeds will go to youth organizations. The National Anthem of the Superbowl will by sung by Demi Levato, and the halftime show will be performed by Jennifer Lopez and Shakira. Although it is uncertain what both artists will be performing, they have vocalized that they will tribute Kobe Bryant.

Superbowl LIV should be a very exciting game to watch, as many questions about the two teams will be answered. Can the Chiefs defense contain the 49ers offense? Can the 49ers defense contain the Chiefs offense? Will a new dynasty form? Comment your predictions and thoughts below.