The Harborwomen Win The First Patriot League Cup Against The Pembroke Titans

The+girls+pose+for+a+team+photo.+

Mary Kelly Prosky Gilbert

The girls pose for a team photo.

Mary Kelly Prosky Gilbert, Photography Editor

Last Saturday, The Hingham Girls Soccer Team Participated in the very first Patriot League cup against The Pembrook Lady Titans. In an exciting game, The Harborwomen were triumphant with a 4-0 win.

The girls started with a strong 2-0 lead in the 1st quarter with both goals scored by Sophmore Sophie Reale. In the 2nd quarter, freshman Claire Murray gave Hingham their 3rd goal, gifting them a substantial lead before half-time. Finally, Junior Captain Ava Maguire took the field to score the 4th and final goal, sealing the victory for the team.

“I am so proud of each and every one of my teammates,” Senior Kate Dalimonte reflects, “Even though our season was not like any other regular-season it was definitely one of the best ones! Winning the patriot cup with my 24 best friends means everything. I am so glad to have left on top and I cannot wait to see what they do in the future because I know they will do big things.”

Dalimonte has not just left her mark on the outstanding Harborwomen defense on the field, but also defined herself as a true leader, creating bonds with her beloved teammates. Dalimonte will be playing soccer next year for Denison University.

In a season that was encircled around the restrictions of COVID-19, these girls perceived, bringing home a trophy that symbolizes their hard work and dedication.