Shining a light on Hingham news

The Harborlight

Shining a light on Hingham news

The Harborlight

Shining a light on Hingham news

The Harborlight

Nex Benedict’s photo projects onto a wall during a vigil in Oklahoma City on February 24, 2024.
Nex Benedict: Student, Victim, Martyr
Sophia Scott, Staff Writer • April 21, 2024
Hingham resident Hillary Flynn uses her eclipse glasses to witness the event on April 8th in Boston.
In the Shadow of the Solar Eclipse
CC Flynn, Staff Writer • April 21, 2024

What Are Hingham High School Students Wishing For This Christmas?

A photo of three junior girls’ Christmas wish list presentations taken by Caitlin O’Driscoll

The energy is high at Hingham High School as Christmas is just days away. In study periods and lunch, we watched our peers create slideshows and lists of everything they wished for this year. Juniors Maddy Edgerly, Haylen Wilson, and Kaylee Roberts said they have been working on their Christmas lists since Thanksgiving break. I know that the second the clock hit midnight on Halloween, and it became November, I began to make a colorful slideshow with pictures and links to all the items I wished for. 

With many things coming in and out of the trend cycle, Hingham High School Students are excited to fill their collections with trending styles and products. TikTok is a very influential place for teenagers to get inspiration for the products they want. Christmas is a great time to ask for your favorite trending products or practical products that you need. Whether it’s fashion, practical items, or monetary gifts, students are excited to receive presents that reflect their tastes and personalities. 

Junior Grace Maroney is looking to expand her wardrobe with new clothes and shoes, and she is hoping for Apple Airpod Pro Max headphones. Similarly, Junior Lauren Howard is asking for many of the same things. Lauren is looking forward to self-care and comfort over this Christmas break. She is hoping for Summer Friday’s Lip Butter Balm, Apple Airpod Pro Max headphones, jewelry, jeans, a Stanley water bottle, shoes, and pajamas. On the other hand, Junior Olivia Dorn is a simple person who is hoping for some basic necessities such as white Nike socks, mint gum, and new Tasman Uggs. She is also hoping to brighten up her school mornings with some gift cards to her favorite breakfast chains such as Starbucks and Dunkin. As well as, Sophomore Tommy Hartnett, like many others, is looking forward to updating his wardrobe with some new clothes from Skims. Other students are hoping to get clothes and gift cards. 

Remember, the true spirit of the holiday season lies in sharing joy, love, and kindness with others. So let’s spread the holiday cheer and make this Christmas a memorable one for everyone at Hingham High School.