Shining a light on Hingham news

The Harborlight

Shining a light on Hingham news

The Harborlight

Shining a light on Hingham news

The Harborlight

Nex Benedict’s photo projects onto a wall during a vigil in Oklahoma City on February 24, 2024.
Nex Benedict: Student, Victim, Martyr
Sophia Scott, Staff Writer • April 21, 2024
Hingham resident Hillary Flynn uses her eclipse glasses to witness the event on April 8th in Boston.
In the Shadow of the Solar Eclipse
CC Flynn, Staff Writer • April 21, 2024

Noah Kahan’s New Deluxe “Stick Season” Album: The complete package of a upcoming star!

https%3A%2F%2Fdailybruin.com%2F2021%2F09%2F16%2Fqa-noah-kahan-reflects-upon-his-identity-in-sophomore-album-i-was-i-am
https://dailybruin.com/2021/09/16/qa-noah-kahan-reflects-upon-his-identity-in-sophomore-album-i-was-i-am

Noah Kahan has taken the world by storm this year with his unique music. The singer/songwriter, born in Vermont, has especially become popular in New England with his songs about growing up in the area. His heartfelt lyrics, soulful voice, and catchy songs have enabled him to have over 37 million monthly viewers on only one listening app, Spotify.

Maggie Flynn, sophomore, says her opinion on Noah Kahan’s music as “I really like his music, he’s one of my favorite artists right now. I like his songs because they are very distinctive, they kind of mix genres of pop and folk together. I usually listen to his slower songs while I’m doing my homework, they’re really relaxing.”

Noah Kahan has just recently released a new song and two new versions of past ones with his new “Stick Season” deluxe album. His new song “Forever” has been long-awaited by fans, and it is already being praised by many. Kahan’s collaborations are duets on the songs called “You’re Gonna Go Far” and “Paul Revere” with Brandi Carlile and Gregory Alan Isakov. The new album adds to the already majorly popular “Stick Season” album, which includes fourteen songs, all written by the artist.

Hingham resident and Senior at Milton Academy, Abby Dunn, says, “My family and I have been early fans of Noah Kahan’s music, and it’s been crazy to see his success as an artist. I think the one lyric from his song “Homesick” really sealed the deal when he wrote, “I mean because I grew up in New England”, I’m pretty sure everyone in New England knows this lyric now!”

Interestingly, Noah Kahan first hit the music industry by storm even before he officially released most of his music. In 2020, his song titled “Stick Season” became a hit on Tik Tok, getting many people already obsessed with Noah’s unique writing skills and folk music style. Others of his songs also became Tik Tok hits, including “Dial Drunk”, which skyrocketed on the Hot 100 charts during the summer. 

This way of teasing song releases is fairly new for the music industry with apps like Tik Tok changing the game. A great example of this is Olivia Rodrigo’s album “Sour” which first started as a viral Tik Tok audio. It will be interesting to see how they will alter the already established promoting techniques. 

Besides Noah Kahan’s Tik Tok stardom, his new album is sure to be another hit as he gains a bigger fanbase by the day. He is definitely going places in times to come!